Monday, November 9, 2009

What's up with the Clutters lately











So it's been a while since we have posted anything about the family.








Let's see. So everyone knows that Jason was laid off. Right now he's taking some time off. He's spending time doing things around the house and enjoying Ella's company! :-) I love having him home because I get some yummy dinners when I get home. We've had a yummy roast and some very yummy roasted potatoes. This week we'll have a turkey dinner. It's great! Anyway, he'll spend some time looking into options and what he'd like to pursue. Probably after the holidays he'll really start looking for some work.








I'm dealing with having everyone gone at work. It's hard because I miss Jason and Lissy being around. I'm trapped now for the most part at work, so that's another pain. I'm sure it'll get better. At least I still have a job. I'm looking at joining another book club. Diana Crossley invited me, so we'll see how it is. The book for this month is called Lemon Tart. It's by an LDS author and is a "culinary mystery" so it sounds like it should be good. I'll let you all know how it turns out.








Dora has been doing well at school and really enjoying her improv classes. Her last class is this Thursday and then the following week is her showcase. It's all very exciting. I'll send pictures after the showcase and let you all know how it was. She's also very excited about the play they are doing at school for Christmas. She had gotten a part last year, but wasn't going to be able to do it because of her tonsil surgery. But then we had all the snow and the whole thing got cancelled because of no school. So they are going to do it this year. I will follow up on that later too.








Ella is enjoying time at home with Daddy. She has also discovered a love for doing crafts. I blame Sprout and her Grandmas for that! Anyway, she has made all sorts of cute things and has come really far on her drawings of people and faces. She loved Halloween and keeps telling us she wants it to be Halloween again, or she wants to go trick-or-treating again.








Speaking of Halloween, we had a really good one. The weather was pretty nice, but a little too windy. It disappointed Jason and Devin a little because they couldn't use the fog machines in the yard. As it is, our house was too spooky for some little kids. Our house got skipped by some of the littler ones. Oh well. We had fun with everyone over for our "party" too. It was very laid back with some very yummy foods. To me, those are the best kind of parties. I love having family get-togethers! Kelli and Bradley were nice enough to take Dora and Ella out into the neighborhood trick-or-treating. I think they were practicing for when they have their own....ahhhh! :-)








Other than that, there's not a lot going on. We're getting ready for Thanksgiving and Dora's birthday. Fun stuff! I'm going to post some pictures from Halloween. I'm sure most of you have already seen them on mine or Kenna's facebook.








No comments:

Post a Comment