Thursday, November 12, 2009

It all started last Thursday...

A lot has happened this last week so I will start at the beginning. Last Thursday Meric received an achievement award from the army. He started a course in San Antonio and had to finish it here by giving several presentations. One of the doctors who was evaluating Meric's presentations recognized his hard work and nominated him for the award. It was a nice award ceremony and I got all embarrassed when they call me up from the crowd to get my picture taken with Meric. I really wasn't expecting that, but it was still good.

Friday was another pies for patriots day and this time we got 10 free pumpkin pies. This time I didn't want to keep them all though. After I picked them up, I stopped by Meric's clinic, took 2 pies and left the rest for everyone else to take home. Between the apple and pumpkin pies I won't have to make pies for Thanksgiving. (Of course if Lissy and Kelli want to come I could always make more. I know how much they love to eat pie all day long.)

Saturday as most of you know was quite the interesting day. It didn't start off too bad but in the afternoon Emmy had one of her "I must attack Lucy" moments and I didn't end good. After finally seperating the two, we cleaned them off to discover that Lucy had some deep cuts in her leg and face and Emmy broke one of her canine teeth pretty much in half. After looking up broken dog teeth online, we decided to take them to urgent care. Since Emmy's tooth had the root exposed not only was she in pain, but it could easily get infected. We sat in urgent care for 4 hours before the doctor took a look at them. He said that Lucy's wounds could be cared for at home and gave her an antibiotic so that they didn't get infected. Emmy's tooth needed to be pulled (well we could have saved it but there isn't a vet in Fayetteville who could do it and she would have needed a root canal so I figure it would be easier on her just to be done with it.) so she had to stay over night. Jasper got left home alone during this time and was completely freaked out when we got home. In fact the dog bone I gave him right before we left still had not been eaten by the time we got back. Everyone in the vet's office thought it was funny that while we were waiting Lucy and Emmy laid next to eat other licking the other's wounds, the wounds they caused. We declared Lucy the winner since Emmy's vet bill was higher. It could have been worse though because Emmy has some deep bite marks right next to her eye so she is lucky all she lost was a tooth. Now I have pain meds to give Emmy and antibiotics for both girls. Such a pain to remember all those pills and when to give them. I usually wrap pills up in cheese to give the dogs. They gobble them right up. That is except Lucy. She caught on to it and stopped eating the cheese. So I switched to bread, which worked once. Now I give Jasper and Lucy treats when I give Emmy here cheesy medicine and then shove the pills down Lucy's throat and hold her moth until she swallows. Such fun. Anyway, Meric and I decided to try a shock collar on Emmy to try and get her to be nicer to Lucy. Emmy doesn't always full out attack Lucy, she likes to just target and intimidate her too. So we figure if we can stop all that behavior she might not do this again.

So that was our long Saturday-into-Sunday. On Monday Meric got a nice suprise in the mail. He wants to thank everyone for the notes and card. It was a nice pick me up for when he got home. And I would like to thank who ever though of putting all those stars in the envelope. I have stars all over the place now. Thanks. :)

Wednesday was veteran's day so Meric had the day off. We took that opportunity to go to the temple and spend the day in Raleigh. Sitting in the celestial room Meric and I figured out that this trip was only our second time in the temple, just the two of us. It was nice to be in the temple and feel the spirit. Afterward we went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It was very yummy! Then we did our Costco run and headed home. It was really a nice day, even though it rained non-stop. It is weird having a day off in the middle of the week though because today feels like Monday.

So there is our week. Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment