Friday, November 13, 2009

Memories....

I was driving with Nic the other day to the grocery store when I had to actually get out and scrap my car off. Being the cheerful person that I am, I grumbled the whole time (even though I sat in the car and Nic did it all for me). When he got in the car, he cheerfully said "Christmas is coming" to which I immediately responding "And the boss is getting fat" to finish the line in the song. Nic sat there puzzled and said "Wait, what? You're boss is getting fat?". I looked at him like he was a weirdo and said "No, like the song." He said "What song?". Then it hit me and I burst out laughing.

After laughing for quite some time I relayed the story of when mom was in the hospital for Kelli's birth and dad would drive us back and forth to the hospital all the while singing songs he of course made up.

Eighteen years later, I can't remember the words to the actual song but can still remember dad's version so well, that I think everyone else should know it too.

No...Steen's are just crazy!

1 comment:

  1. "Please throw a boot at the neighbor's cat" LOL That's hilarious!! Poor Nic, I guess it's good he finds out now how crazy the Steens really are. :-)

    ReplyDelete