Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Trip to the Coast

A couple weekends ago, Tasha and Eli came to visit me. Seeing as how my roommates are insane, I decided that going to the coast was probably the best idea. I wanted to camp, but if you want to camp in Oregon, you better reserve a place months in advance or get there by noon. Neither of these were possible so we camped in my living room. It would have been nice roasting marshmallows and hot dogs in the fireplace had the cold snap not JUST ended and it was very hot outside. But Tasha and Eli were good sports to my fake camping.

The next morning we got up and headed to Astoria. We stopped for some lunch on the way and a nifty little diner in a small little town. You know how much fun those place can be! Then we continued onward. Once we got to Astoria, we stopped first at the Goonies house. It's one of the few things we can claim as famous. Then we headed to the Astoria column. I forgot how difficult those 164 steps were. Tasha and Eli accompanied me to the top. Nic, of course, stayed on the ground. Even looking at the top of the column was too much for him. After this we headed to Lewis and Clark National Park to see where they stayed after completing their long trek across the continent. Finally we headed to the beach.

We ended up at Fort Stevens. Tasha and I had come here together about 9 years ago when we went White Water rafting as laurels. It was then that Tasha took the picture of me on the old abandoned ship, the Peter Iredale, that still adorns mom's wall. (yes mom, I remember that you want a new one.) We hung out on the beach and played as the sun set. Finally, after a long day, we headed back home.

It was a nice visit from Tasha and Eli. Next time they come, I want them to see much more of the Portland sights including Voodoo Doughnut, a local favorite .

Attached are a few pictures of the trip. These will not be on Facebook as my boyfriend can't stand pictures of himself online. Good thing he doesn't know about this blog!






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. We'll have to get down there some time, it sounds like there's a lot of fun things to do. Love the pics too! I need to be better about taking pics myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete