Monday, September 21, 2009

Clutters Weekend 9/19

So I don't know how much info everyone wants, but I will let everyone know what we've been up to as much as I can.

I will back track, as everyone knows from the Hillyard Herald, Ella decided to cut her hair on Thursday. I'm still not sure what to do there. I'm afraid if I take her in to have them make it look normal, she will end up with a mullet or some deeply layered look, which FYI I'm not a layered fan. Anyway, it doesn't look too bad right now, especially if she will let me pull it back.

Also on Thursday, Dora started her improve class at CYT (Christian Youth Theater). She had a blast! If all goes well, it spur me into looking at more classes and possibly having her involved in their plays. Right now, I am good with just the class though, as I hate the time restraints it would put on us.

Friday I accompanied Dora's class to the fair. Due to bus scheduling we were only there with the class for about 3 hours. Not as much time as I had hoped, but it was still fun. Ella hung out with us a lot, making friends with Dora's friends and having fun. She especially liked watching the "Muttin' Bustin'" - remember the riding the sheep thing? She stood on the bleachers shaking her booty to the music and cheering whenever the audience did. It was a good time. Mom, dad, Kelli, and Kenna were out there too kind of doing their own thing. They took Ella for a while and Grandma took her to ride a llama. Of course, I totally forgot my camera, so no pics. I know, I know!!

After we left the fair, we picked Jason up from work and went home for a bit before deciding to take a drive out to Cabela's. We called Devin and picked him up on our way out. We had a good time. Ella likes all the animals, especially the catfish. We took Devin home and the Clutter family went out to dinner at Golden Coral. (Deeply jealous we do not have a Cici's nearby!) It was good food. We had only ever been for breakfast and dinner was very yummy. Turns out Ella loves shrimp as much as the rest of her family. YEA!!

Saturday, Devin and Kristy met us at our house around 11:00. (By the way Devin brought me some of his carrot cake. YUM! He's been practicing a double layer cake and enjoying the toys they got as wedding gifts. Not sure how his diet plan is going to work out for him....) Anyway, we picked up grandma Shirley and we all headed downtown. We spent about an hour, give or take, at Mobius Kids (the hands on kids museum). I'm not sure who had more fun, the kids or the boys. Oh yes, Devin and Jason found a lot to play with - I had to drag them out of there!

After Mobius, we went to lunch at Olive Garden. We had a very long, very satisfying meal including dessert. Dora told me her favorite part of the day was the pumpkin cheesecake she ordered. We left very, very full, but still walked over to the carrousel (yes, that's how it's spelled at this one). Jason took Dora and Ella for a couple of rides. Devin and Kristy went one time around with them. They all had a lot of fun. Once again, I am horrible parent and totally forgot the camera. So yeah, no pictures of the whole day. Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. But start being a good mom and bring your camera! Especially now that Ella is sporting the mullet look!

    ReplyDelete