Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Long time, no blogs

So it has been a very long time since anyone has blogged and I thought I would try and get that going again. As y'all know, Meric is staying in the army and we are no longer moving home. After a fun, but very long 2 months in Spokane, I have finally come home to Fayetteville with Lissy, Kelli, and Kenna in tow. To save on money and time, we chose to sleep in our cars instead of getting hotels. The first night we stopped at a park in a little town. It was getting very late and we weren't sure when the next rest stop or town would be. It worked well because the bathrooms weren't locked and it was fairly secluded. (That stop would be the one where Kelli decided to let her phone swim in the toilet. It is not a very good swimmer.) Once we got breakfast we hit the road again. Just as we left town we saw the sign -Rest Stop 1 Mile. Yep one more mile and we would have reached the rest stop. That day after seeing signs for over 100 miles we decided to stop at Wall Drug and see what all the fuss was about. It was several shops that ran together and they had everything, including homemade ice cream which was yummy. Then we drove and drove and drove and drove. After 4 days and 10 states we made it home.

We have been having lots of fun. Kenna is going to seminary and I think she actually likes it. She seems to like the teacher and I will let her tell you about David. :) We also celebrated her birthday on Sunday. She likes cheesecake, so I made her the brownie one I had promised to make Kelli last year. It turned out well if i do say so myself. We have walked the street of downtown, gone to the airborne museum, gone to Raleigh, hiked, introduce Kenna to Blue Bell and eaten out a bit. One place we took them is the Cracker Barrel. For those who don't know it is good country cooking with a little store on the front. I love it. We also went to a Brazilian place and ate ourselves silly. Some really yummy meat, the best fruit salad ever, and some interesting soups. They were basically juice in a bowl, but very yummy as well. We are looking forward to Mom coming in a few days and plan on introducing her to Blue Bell and going to a BBQ place we like.

I know I am forgetting some things, but I will let everyone else fill in the rest. (hint hint) It is nice to be home but weird to be so far away again. We are still waiting on the house to close, but it seems like it is wrapping up soon. I will let Dany blog about that when it is all done. (not so much a hint)

Love you all and miss the ones who are not with me. (When are the ones with me leaving again? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment