Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fun times in Fayetteville...

So as you all know Meric and I are moving home! YAY! We are so excited. The military requires 6 months notice, so it will still be a while but the process is started! We are trying to get a waiver for Meric to get out when his commitment is up, which is in September, but it looks like we will still have to wait the full 6 months which is November. Of course Meric has also accumulated 47 day of leave so far, so we might be home by October. Isn't it fun knowing for sure? :) At any rate we are moving home and are excited.

So Meric posted his resume online a few weeks ago and has been flooded with calls and emails ever since. He has been offered jobs all over the US in a few different fields. YAY for the internet. There is one lady who works for a company the finds people jobs who has been really helpful though. she set up a phone interview with St. Luke's in Spokane. It seemed to go well and they might coordinate to fly him up there to tour St. Luke's and talk with them in person. YAY for possible employment! And I am hoping they will let me have my old job back working for Dr. Ranson at the Eye Clinic.

Meric and I bought a nice new truck which we love. A couple of days after we bought it the little black car died. We hope it is just the battery but with the truck and the blazer we haven't worried too much about it just yet. Yesterday I drove the blazer to the commisary to get a bunch of groceries. When I came out the blazer wouldn't start. All I could think about was the frozen vegetables and chicken I just bought. After 3-4 times of being told my call could not be completed, I finally got a hold of Meric so he could come and jump the blazer. After several times of trying the blazer still would not start. Finally I took Meric back to work and drove my groceries home in the truck. I picked Meric up from work and we tried the blazer again. Still nothing. We then went bought a new battery, came home, ate dinner (my wonderful VT surprised us by bringing dinner) Meric did his phone interview, and then went back to the blazer. Meric changed the battery and it started right up. I can't believe both of our other cars died on us right after getting the truck. I guess they are jealous. :) With all the craziness though I feel very blessed. I broke down in a location and time that Meric could come get me fairly easy and all the was wrong was the battery. Also YAY for wonderful VTs who know just when you needed dinner brought to you. We are very blessed.

That is it for now. I will keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Now... if Tiffany and Nic move to spokane the gang will all be here! Think we can keep you guys living here a secret from tara??

    ReplyDelete