Saturday, March 13, 2010

The End and the Beginning

Last Thursday Meric and I finished our foster care classes. YAY! I was getting a little tired of having every Thursday night blocked, doing the potluck (you can only eat so much fried chicken) and having homework. The homework wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't the same questions over and over and having to come up with new answers every time. We got our certificate for finishing the class but the end is only the beginning. We have a ton of paperwork to be filled out, we need to be approved by the board before our paperwork is sent to the main office for us to be licensed. We also have to have a fire safety inspection and physicals. We still have a long way to go and it will never be easy.

Meric just got back from Philly. He went to a conference there for 5 days. Our friend from San Antonio, Carrie (Lissy and Kelli met her at Thanksgiving), was there too. Carrie and Meric were good friends so he was excited to see her again. Carrie is a few months pregnant and I like to refer to her as Meric's pregnant girlfriend. I wanted to post my status on facebook as "my husband left me to be with his pregnant girlfriend in Philly" but I was afraid some people might not know I was joking and think badly of Meric so I didn't. Still it would have been funny. Anyways (the "s" is just for you Dad) Meric had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I also am starting an online course in Personal Training.

Anywho I will keep you updated with our foster care situation. Miss you all and can't wait to see you next month. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment