Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wedding, April 17, 2010...plan now

Nic and I have officially chosen April 17, 2010 for our wedding reception. Yippee!

After much deliberation, we finally chose to just go through with a wedding date. This is mostly for his tight nit extended family who all want to come celebrate with us...and well for the presents.

Nic and I will still be getting married earlier than that in a simple ceremony (most likely to take place in Spokane). Being married will take away a lot of stress and hardship and make April 17th mush less of a panic day. Most people don't know about this plan, and as far as they are concerned we will be married on April 17th. The day will be a simple ceremony, maybe with dinner afterward. It'll essentially be an elopement (so Mandy, don't stress about trying to make it here). We will decide when for sure once I am endowed.

Anyhow, back to the fun. Reception in Portland on April 17, 2010. This will be the day for celebration and fun that everyone is invited to. I'm sure I'll be asking for advice as we now have less than 3 months to pull it all off. And Nic will most likely be starting a new job soon that will leave us with three hours a day (6-8 am and 5-6 pm) in which we will have together and the weekends to plan. SO I'm kinda on my own.

But as intended, it'll be simple. No bridesmaids, no groomsmen, and no line! We will have simple decorations and food taken care of already. Dress and tux are essentially done. All we have now is invitations and cake!

Girls: Evoni will be throwing me a bridal shower here in Portland. You will all be invited. If you can make it, awesome. If not, don't stress.

More details to come. Questions? Call me!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You will have to keep me updated on dates, where you register, and if I can help in anyway. And the presents are well worth the stress of planning the reception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Um what do you mean by "Dress and tux are essentially done" does that mean we just where what ever? What are the colors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm wearing jeans and flipflops. when's the bridal shower?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means that I have a dress and Nic's got a tux. I could care less what you wear. Colors tentatively are silver and maroon.

    Kelli, I have no idea when the bridal shower is yet. Evoni is planning it.

    ReplyDelete