Monday, January 25, 2010

News from the NC

First story I want to tell actually happened a while ago, but I think it is funny. A couple weeks ago Meric came home from work and told me that Fort Bragg was starting a couple hours late the next day so we could sleep in a little. Actually the entire area was on a two hour delay for the next day. The reason: it might snow that next morning. Thats right it hadn't snowed yet, but it might. And it was a blizzard we were expecting it was "a light dusting" of snow. Seriously everything was put on hold for a little bit of snow we didn't even get. I just have to laugh sometimes.

Anyway I told you all I would blog about our foster care classes but I keep putting it off. Meric and I have been to two classes so far and I still don't quite know what to think of them. The first class I actually hated and kinda wanted to quit after it. We did a get to know you thing and then the instructors did a little role play which I really didn't get much from. They also really pushed the need for us to participate and made me feel like if you are a quiter person then that is bad. i don't all the reasons, but the class really left a bad taste in my mouth. Our second class was a bit better (I even participated in a role play which I really hate doing), but I still am not sure how I feel about the whole thing. The next class is Thursday so we will see how it goes. Of course if Meric and I don't finish our thick packets by then we will be out of the class anyway. The packet is all about us and our families, our childhood and now. Some of the questions are really dumb like "describe your sibling's personalities". Seriously how do I describe 9 different personalities in one paragraph?

Other than the classes, things have been same old same old. We are trying to do the body for life program again. The hardest part is getting started and developing the good habits again. I have tried a couple new "healthy" recipes. The pumpkin pie turned out pretty good and I made Greek wraps that were pretty good too. I went to the library and checked out a couple of books. One I liked enough to go buy and one I really hated. It was the Skinny B*tch cookbook. YUCK! It turns out it was a vegan cookbook with swearing and no pictures. Also they had a little anti drininking milk section which I really didn't agree with. Actually at Meric's work they have had a few anti milk discussions. Apparently since we are the only mammals who drink another animals milk in adulthood, we must be doing something wrong. So I guess if humans are the only animals to do something, it is unnatural and wrong and we should stop doing it cuz none of the other animals do it. Thats right stop cooking your meat before you eat it and why are we cleaning our drinking water? And if animals know what is best for them then we should all start eating cat poop cuz Lucy loves the stuff and obviously her natural instincts know what is best for us all! Sorry, as you can tell that philosophy kinda bugs me.

I guess that is all for now. I miss you all!

P. S. Dad, the joke in this last Hillyard Herald has to be one of your worst yet. Congratulations!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying my skills in bread making now. If you have good recipes, send them my way.

    ReplyDelete